Cindy and Alice Diggs receive the Gloria Murray Humanitarian Award at the MHHM Annual Meeting Wed. Nov. 28, 2018 presented by Gloria’s daughter, Esohe Amadin, and State Representative Jeffrey Sanchez who was also the keynote speaker.
Accomplishments 2018 (just a few!)
Improve Health by Increasing the Availability and Consumption of Fruits and Vegetables
- Successful Farmers Markets at Roxbury Crossing and Brigham Circle (June-November)
- Served free 35 Lunches & 35 snacks to children and teens at Farmers Markets
- Designated Developer by City of Boston of Gore St Community Garden (June)
- Distributed 200 tomato plants free to residents to encourage growing our own food (May)
- Presented options to Whittier Street Residents to increase fresh food availability as part of their study of food security (April)
Support Mission Hill Residents in Preventing and Managing Chronic Illness
- Held successful 8th Annual Health and Wellness Fair on September 22 including Head and Throat screenings by Mass. Eye and Ear
- Feet First Walking Group walked 3-5 miles every Thursday Morning, (Spring-Fall)
- Supported Boston Self Help Center Power Wheel Chair Soccer
Create a Resilient and Healthy Mission Hill Environment and Community
- Conducted 2 Mission Hill Sound Walks with Noise and the City
- Co-sponsored with Mission Hill Artists Collective: Healing + Art Show 2018
- Supported Senior Activities including Senior Sneakers and Mission Hill Senior Prom
- Oriented 1st year Residents of Brigham and Women’s Hospital and 1st year Harvard Medical and Dental Students to Mission Hill Community and our Health Concerns
- Participated in Halloween on the Hill: donated 170 children’s books; handed out Local MA Apples; and decorated Pumpkins with children and parents.
- Held May Program on Single Payer Health Insurance with Maria Termini, Healthcare Activist (May)
- Provided meeting and activity space to BPL Parker Hill Branch Library, In Focus Camera Club and ad hoc neighborhood groups
- Distributed approx. $4,000 worth of Toys, Books and other items donated by Shriners Hospital to Mission Hill and Boston area children youth and Families
- Participated in Ten-Taxpayer Group organized by CCHERS to address hospital impact on communities.
Thank you to our Supporters